The Cognitive Emporium's Dyslexia, ADHD & Coaching Programs in Hendersonville, TN
The Cognitive Emporium is owned and operated by Kyra Minichan, M.A., CCC-SLP, a Speech-Language Pathologist specializing in cognitive-linguistic intervention and closing the gap between intelligence and academic struggle. Kyra provides diagnostic and treatment plans specific to each individual, along with 1:1 coaching services. Mrs. Minichan holds dual Master’s degrees, in Specific Learning Disabilities and Speech Language Pathology. She began her career 30 years ago in a rehabilitation facility and later worked as The Director of Pediatrics at a Level 1 Trauma Hospital.
These formative years provided her with the experience to serve a variety of clients. It allowed her to gain knowledge and practical experience in pediatric neurological development. Kyra connects the dots between medical and educational components for clients. She brings a fresh new perspective to her profession as a Speech-Language Pathologist. Mrs. Minichan has been a member of The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association since 1994. Kyra is highly sought-after by those looking to learn from her through professional development, speaking engagements, podcasts, and webinars.
- Master of Science, Speech-Language Pathology, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Master of Education, Specific Learning Disabilities, West Virginia University
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication Disorders, Marshall University
Certifications & Licenses:
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and recipient of ACE Awards for her continuing education.
- Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky, State licensure - Speech-Language Pathology
- AMEN Clinic Brain Health and Wellness Certification
- Orton-Gillingham Trained
- Certified Specialists, Learning Ally
- Licensed Processing and Cognitive Enhancement (PACE) Provider
- Cog-Med Provider
- The Listening Program and In -Time Certification from Advanced Brain
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- International Dyslexia Association
- Tennessee Dyslexia Association
- CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder)
Mrs. Minichan maintains her expertise through regular participation in professional courses, seminars, and conferences. She also subscribes to professional and scientific journals to keep abreast of current scientific research and evidence-based treatment practices related to the diagnosis and treatment of language and learning disorders.
Meet Our Clinical Director:
Heidi McGlothlin, Ph.D. in Child Development, PACE and Interactive Metronome certified, working memory specialist and Orton-Gillingham trained.
Heidi McGlothlin possesses a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a Ph.D. in Human Development with a specialization in Developmental Sciences. Her research has been published in scholarly works such as the European Journal of Social Psychology, Child Development, Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, British Journal of Developmental Psychology, Monographs of the Society for Research in Child Development, and Early Education & Development. Heidi is the mother of two boys and two cats. In her spare time, Heidi enjoys listening to live music and reading.